Thank you for reading my articles here. If any piece resonates with you, I encourage you to share your reactions, as they will likely resonate with other readers, too. I also invite you to visit my website to learn more about REACH Your Dreams: Five Steps to be a Conscious Creator in Your Life. Much Love and Many Blessings, Alice
Friday, September 9, 2011
Heard Any Songs Lately?
Have you ever had a song pop into your mind out of the blue? Have you turned on the radio or walked into a café just in time to catch a song playing that’s particularly meaningful to you? Did you ever pay attention to the lyrics, the mood of the song, and why that particular song intruded your consciousness, when you were just going about your day minding your own business?
That song may seem like a random coincidence, but it isn’t. It is synchronicity at work. Synchronicity occurs when seemingly random events provide us with answers or assistance at just the right time when we’re pondering something or feeling stuck. Of course, it requires us to pay attention and be ready to receive this information or help.
Do You Believe in Magic?
I am a huge fan of synchronicity, and have had profound insights delivered to me via what might appear otherwise to be random incidents. For instance, sometime between 4:17 and 4:19 am this past Saturday, my clock fell onto my living room floor, producing a loud crash that jolted me awake. That clock has been hung on the same wall for over 4 years. It isn’t too heavy for the dry wall. It was as if someone lifted it from the wall and dropped it on the floor. Just the day before the “clock crash”, I had posed a question to the universe. The numbers 417 to 419 – the approximate time of the incident – gave me very supportive answers to my question. It was pure magic in a way but also very real at the same time. While I don’t necessarily want things to crash left and right in my house – thank you very much! – I appreciate the insights that came through with the timing of the “clock crash.”
Synchronistic insights also come to me through music. The last time this happened was on Labor Day this week while in meditation. I was in the process of accessing intuitive wisdom regarding my next steps with REACH, as I focused in turn on seven different energy centers in my body, also known as chakras. When it got to my heart chakra, which is the energy center for giving and receiving love, I saw a picture of reindeers and Santa getting ready to deliver presents. When I asked why I was seeing that picture, what I got was that innocent children still believe and have yet to be tainted by life. My REACH work is meant to help restore innocent, untainted love, faith and hope in others’ hearts. As this insight was coming to me, I heard the song, “Do you believe in magic?” My REACH mission is about restoring faith in the magic of life. It was a beautiful message to come from and through my heart center. It has stayed with me all week, and now I want to share it with you.
You, too, have access to this magic; everyone has. The universe is constantly there ready to help you. That is, if you believe and pay attention. Otherwise, you’ll miss the loving support that’s available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However smart and capable you are, know that there’s an amazing force beyond the comprehension of the human mind available to you. You can tap into this force to help you fulfill what you need to do, to give you answers and assistance when you’re in doubt or feel stuck.
The choice is ultimately yours. You can choose to try to make everything happen all on your own, or you can tap into universal wisdom to help lighten your load. If you choose the latter, pay attention the next time a song pops into your head, or when you see a number or number sequence that catches your attention for any reason, or when different people seem to be saying the same thing to you at unrelated events. In short, pay attention to what otherwise appear to be random coincidences. When you do pay attention, chances are you’ll gain insights that would otherwise elude your rational mind, no matter how powerful it is. Your rational mind only runs about 5% of your life on a day to day basis. What about the other whopping 95%, give or take? Do you really want to leave all of that up to chance and randomness?
The chakra meditation mentioned above is detailed in the “Envision” chapter of my book, REACH Your Dreams: Five Steps to be a Conscious Creator in Your Life. I also talk more about synchronicity, along with intuition and dreams in the “Epilogue.” Find out more about REACH here.
If you love my book, I’d be so grateful if you’d consider writing a couple sentences about it on amazon.com.